Looking at the calendar year, we know that the top selling months are November, October, and December. So what are you going to do to maximize the next few months? Let me help you identify some steps. We are heading into the most profitable few months of the year and I want to share my top tips with you.
5. Always, always, always start with your Who Do You Know list. Go now and pull it out and open it up. Did you have to brush the dust off of it? Yea, I've been there. If you don't use your WDYK list regularly, you're really missing out on a key tool to this business. Take a look at it now and give it a little update if you need to. Start here. Reach out to two a day (remember the 2-2-4-2 formula?)
Related posts: who do you know?
4. Remember all those summer trunk shows you did? It's time to follow up! They've had a chance now to wear their sparkly new S&D jewels now for awhile and have maybe taken a peek at the new Fall and Holiday lines. If you didn't talk to them at the TS about the stylist opportunity, you should mention it again now. It often takes people 5, 10, 15 times to hear about the opportunity before they take advantage of it. It really is the best possible time to start as a new stylist in this business, so share the LOVE!
Related posts: words to say - customer service call
3. Book some holiday vendor shows. This is a great way to expand your networks by meeting new people in your local community. Check out the classifieds, Kijiji or Craigslist, watch for flyers on local bulletin boards, etc. Bring a friend along (it's always more fun with a friend), or a stylist on your team - you can split the leads you make that day.
Related posts: making vendor shows work for you (part 1) // making vendor shows work for you (part 2)
2. Partner with a local business for a pop up shop. Reach out to your hair stylist, masseuse, gym trainer, restaurant owner, etc. The most effective partnerships happen when you find a complimentary product/service. Think cocktails and crystal ;)
Related posts: Q&A: approaching local businesses
1. Share gift ideas on social media and in your monthly email newsletter.
Stealborrow inspiration from other stylists if you need to. Check out this feed with 70+ stylist Facebook pages - follow it or bookmark it if you'd like. Be sure to highlight and showcase the brand new Icon Watch collection [they're totally beautiful, right?] and some of your other favourites from the Holiday line.
Related posts: things you can gift in a pouf // about the goods: engravables
BONUS: I wrote a post at this time last year, walking through 21 ways to increase your november sales. It's the perfect time to review it now - so go take a look!
Tell me! When is YOUR Stellaversary and what are you going to do to celebrate it? Leave me a note in the comments below.