I wanted to write a post like this when I realized how much I have in common with the stylists in my upline team. There are many ways in which we are different - for example, Shireen is a trade show master, Stephanie knows everything about the business, Christina is cute and stylish and a selfie queen, and our director Mirjana is amazing, supportive, and totally chic.
With all the ways we differ, we have a few things in common. Here's where I think we all meet, in no particular order:
- We love sparkly things. If we didn't already love them before we signed up, we do now! Sequin tops, sparkly shoes, jewels, and gems. Everything can be made prettier with a little sparkle!
- We love our customers. Yea, sometimes we get the odd grumpy one, or a difficult one, but it doesn't matter! We love them anyway. Why? Because anyone who supports our business comes 1st in our books. It can be tough owning a business but the people we meet and the women we bring happiness to... well, it makes it all worth it.
- We want it all. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a single piece of S&D jewelry released (since my sign-up date, at least) that I would object to owning/wearing. Every single time a new line is launched I am filled with a huge amount of excitement and an equally huge amount of anxiety. Of course I only have so much money to spend on new samples! How do I possibly choose which ones to get?!
- We have an eagle eye for S&D. I spot bags and necklaces on women on the train in the morning and instantly know they're our product. Watching TV we see product on celebs and scramble to snap photos with our phones. If you've been a stylist for awhile, your partner can probably do this too (my hubs surprises me sometimes when he points out S&D on strangers).
- We worship the ground Jessica Herrin walks on. I know I do. I have googled her, watched her interviews, read articles, scoped out her profiles on social media... I'm not stalker-weird though, I swear! I just love her vision for this business and the things she stands for - family, community, innovation. She's inspiring for so many of us.
I'm sure there's more but this is all I can think of now while I'm on the train heading home. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
What else do you think stylists have in common?
Leave a comment below.
P.S. Don't you love the new Summer stuff?
If all of the things listed above sound like you, let's talk about joining my team! Contact me any time or read more about the stylist opportunity here.